On 26 July 2018, the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change Lily D’Ambrosio and Minister for Roads and Road Safety Luke Donnellan announced the establishment of the Inner West Air Quality Community Reference Group. This group will give community members the opportunity to provide community insight and input to future improvements for air quality in the inner west.
The reference group, with representatives from state government, local councils and community groups, will provide an opportunity for community members to better understand their local air quality, sources of pollution and propose areas of focus and solutions for Government consideration.
Members of the Inner West Air Quality Community Reference Group will include a range of inner western Melbourne community members and representatives of Hobsons Bay, Brimbank and Maribyrnong Councils.
Get involved – Expression of Interest period is open
The Victorian Government is now inviting expressions of interest from inner west community members who would like to participate in the Inner West Air Quality Community Reference Group.
To help you decide if you are interested in getting involved, we have developed an information sheet for this new group. If you have any questions, please contact us at Inner.WestAir@delwp.vic.gov.au
Please note that a draft Terms of Participation will be reviewed and finalised by the Community Reference Group at its first meeting to ensure they meet the needs and expectations of the group.
Expressions of interest will be accepted from Monday 1 October 2018 to 5pm Monday 22 October 2018.
You can apply to participate through one of the following ways:
- Complete the application form online via Survey Monkey
- Download the application form (see below), complete the questions and email the complete form to Inner.WestAir@delwp.vic.gov.au
- Download the application form (see below), complete the questions and post the complete form to:
- Attn: Inner West Secretariat
- Level 5, 222 Lonsdale St
- Melbourne 3000
The Inner West Air Quality Community Reference Group will, where possible:
- Include local government and community representatives.
- Consist of age ranges based on demographic proportions.
- Consist of cultural and linguistically diverse representatives based on demographic proportions.
- Represent geographic coverage based on demographic spread.
- Be gender balanced.
- Consist of residents of the local council areas.
- Consist of people who are active in their community.
If you would like us to keep you up to date regarding the Inner West Air Quality Community Reference Group, please email Inner.WestAir@delwp.vic.gov.au
The Inner West Air Quality Community Reference Group will help deliver the Victorian Government’s commitment to securing a clean air future for all Victorians.
The Victorian Government is committed to securing a clean air future for Victoria. Already the Victorian Government has invested $10.8 million on key air quality initiatives including additional air quality monitoring stations, incident air monitoring capability and pilot studies of sensor technology. The Victorian Government is also currently developing the Victorian Air Quality Strategy - a comprehensive and cost-effective plan for clean air in Victoria. More information about the Victorian Air Quality Strategy can be found here.