The 2021 Community Volunteer Action Grants support communities and community organisations to protect and enhance their natural environment.
The Strengthening Environmental Volunteering stream aims to boost environmental volunteer participation, particularly in engaging new and diverse audiences, on private and public land.
These grants are part our Biodiversity on-ground action program.
Grants of up to $30,000 are available under Stream 1 - Strengthening Environmental Volunteering.
Groups and organisations with a focus on biodiversity conservation and working with community groups and organisations are eligible. This includes:
- Not-for-profit conservation organisations
- Environmental, naturalist groups or volunteer associations
- Friends of, Conservation management, Landcare and Coastcare groups and networks
- Public land committees of management
- Traditional Owner groups and Aboriginal Victorian associations, trusts, co-operatives
- Educational and research organisations such as schools and universities
- Community Service Organisations
- Local government
|Applications close||12pm, Thursday 1 April 2021|
|Successful applicants notified||June 2021|
|Projects completed||Thursday 30 June 2022|
|Final reports due||Thursday 5 August 2022|