Protecting Biodiversity Together
Collaboratively protecting biodiversity using cutting edge science to support on-ground action.
Key implementation actions for this flagship will include:
- Support Victoria's conservation volunteer groups such as Landcare, Coastcare and Friends Groups to continue building environmental and community resilience.
- Undertake on-ground actions that help achieve the Biodiversity 2037 targets in partnership with communities, land managers, Traditional Owners and natural resource management agencies.
- Support partners and stakeholders to report on-ground actions to measure the collective impact towards the Biodiversity 2037 targets.
- Initiate new biodiversity conservation auctions as a mechanism to protect biodiversity, particularly native vegetation on private land.
- Develop a new Marine Biodiversity Policy and establish a Marine and Coastal Knowledge Framework.
- Develop a Biodiversity Emergency Response Framework that enables rapid decision making for biodiversity after major events such as bushfires or floods.
View more implementation actions in the Biodiversity 2037 Implementation Framework