Steps into Nature
Helping Victorians take steps into nature and explore the wonders of Victoria's biodiversity
Key implementation actions for this flagship will include:
- Support Victorians who experience barriers to connecting with nature to take their first steps into nature through skills-based events in parks such as learn to camp programs.
- Significantly grow and diversify volunteering opportunities in Victoria’s parks through programs such as Campground Hosts.
- Work with Victorian education providers to strengthen existing programs such as the Resource Smart Schools initiative to increase the availability of nature-based learning opportunities.
- Support the Nature Play, Bush Kinders and Outdoor Learning to enable kids to connect with nature.
- Host the 7th Global Botanic Gardens Congress International in Melbourne to demonstrate vital role of botanic gardens in connecting people with nature.
View more implementation actions in the Biodiversity 2037 Implementation Framework
Page last updated: 12/06/19