Nature is good medicine
Helping Victorians take advantage of the many health and development benefits of connecting to nature.
Key implementation actions for this flagship will include:
- Implement the Victorian Memorandum for Health and Nature through projects that enable more Victorians to connect with and be active in the natural environment.
- Activate community health in nature programs, such as Park Prescriptions, Forest Bathing, Bush Therapy.
- Grow the range of YouthNatureConnect programs that help teens develop outdoor skills, get fit, connect with their peers, build emotional resilience and enjoy nature.
- Improve monitoring and reporting of Victoria’s environment, health and liveability outcomes to ensure Victorian’s are well informed about the state of their environment.
- Develop a Spring into Nature Festival to promote the benefits of getting into nature and protecting it for the health and wellbeing of current and future generations.
View more implementation actions in the Biodiversity 2037 Implementation Framework
Page last updated: 04/09/19