About the Program
The $10 million Park Revitalisation Grants Program is part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to create more than 6,500 hectares of parklands and trails across Melbourne. It will fund upgrades to existing local parks and reserves.
The Program aims to:
- increase recreation and socialising opportunities for local communities
- increase the amount of usable open space to meet expected urban population growth over the next 30 years
- promote the number of park visitors for recreational and social purposes by providing park amenities such as shelters seating, barbeques, playgrounds, shading
- help increase safety and enhance accessibility for diverse user groups
For more information about the assessment criteria, funding conditions and the application process please refer to the guidelines:
The total Program funding available is $10 million in one funding round, with all projects to be completed by 30 June 2022. Grants of a maximum value of $300,000 per project are available to successful applicants.
Types of upgrades considered
- facility upgrades
- demolition of old assets
- clusters of trees and other vegetation
- water bodies and treatments
Funding is now closed
The Program was open to all councils in metropolitan Melbourne.
Applications for eligible councils to submit project nominations for the Parks Revitalisation Grants Program funding under the Local Parks Program closed at 5pm on Wednesday 9 September 2020.
|Applications open||1 July 2020|
|Applications close||5pm on Wednesday 9 September 2020|
|Applications reviewed and applicants notified||September 2020-January 2021|
|Projects commence||February 2020 onwards|
|Projects completed and acquittal reports submitted||All projects are to be completed by June 2022|