The Victorian Government is investing $315 million to deliver the Suburban Parks Program for the benefit of Melbourne's growing communities. Suburban parks provide us with:
- more open space where people can relax, connect and enjoy nature
- protected habitats for plants and animals
- healthier creeks and rivers
- green, open space to help us combat the effects of hotter summers
- protected cultural heritage
6,500 hectares of new and upgraded parks and trails
This landmark investment will create more than 6,500 hectares of new and upgraded parks and trails across Greater Melbourne.
— that's an area more than 170 times the size of Melbourne's Royal Botanic Gardens. Suburbs on Melbourne’s growing fringe will get new, bigger and better parks.
The Suburban Parks Project team is now working across State Government, with Traditional Owners, councils and the community to deliver this exciting program.
What’s happening near you?
Page last updated: 18/10/22