Working group members
The working group is chaired by its Area Lead - DELWP
The group is supported by its Partnership Facilitator - DELWP
The working group members are:
- DELWP - Murrindindi FFO district manager
- Parks Victoria (x4)
- DELWP Hume Natural Environments Regional Manager
- Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) – Biosecurity (x1)
- Trust for Nature
- Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority (GBCMA) (x3)
- DELWP - invasive species
- North Central Catchment Management Authority (NECMA) (x1)
- DELWP - Hume Regional Manager Forest and Fire Planning
- DELWP - Hume Aboriginal Inclusion Officer
- Game Management Authority
The group is scheduled to meet on:
- Wednesday 7 March 2018
- Tuesday 27 March 2018
- 14-18 May 2018 (date TBC)
An initial task of the working group was to identify priority landscapes or themes within the area, which will form the basis of BRP projects. This process utilised the 40% Cost-effective Actions Maps within the Strategic Management Prospects tool, together with other strategic plans (e.g., Conservation Action Plans), knowledge of existing project footprints and activity (e.g., Biodiversity On-ground Action, Landcare, Weeds and Pests on Public Land) along with the collective expertise of the working group members.
The working group will engage stakeholders within these priority landscapes/themes to develop projects that will most cost-effectively deliver improved biodiversity outcomes within those landscapes or themes. Those priority areas are shown below.
Many organisations and community groups involved in on-ground biodiversity projects or planning will be able to participate in collaborative project development or contribute to project delivery. The specific processes for engagement and project development are different within each area and are guided by the BRP working group. Further information will be posted on this page.
If you wish to contribute ideas as part of collaborative project development, please do so by Thursday, 12 April 2018. Contact the DELWP Customer Service Centre on 136 186 to be directed to your area lead, or email email@example.com.